01924 278 222

Building Insurance UK

Cheap Building Insurance Quotes

Building insurance UK has been very much in the news over the past few years because of the problems caused by flooding in many areas not previously prone to it. There were fears that some buildings would become uninsurable but various government initiatives in place will hopefully mean that this will not be the case. Meanwhile, building insurance in the UK is not a particularly easy thing to organise by yourself if you have any ‘special needs’ for your dwelling or commercial premises. It is better by far to come to an expert broker than to rely on comparison sites if you are at all unsure what you might need to have covered, over and above the basics.

Compare Building Insurance

You might, for example, find yourself the proud owner of a building with a flying freehold or you may be the owner underneath the flying bit. If you have bought on mortgage this will have been dealt with before you can complete, as obviously there are some very special needs with this kind of thing, due to possible problems with repairs if one half damages the other. We can help you get indemnity insurance for this kind of eventuality, probably as an add-on to your basic building insurance. UK properties are not often found these days with flying freeholds, except in certain areas, where older conversions are common. You are not likely to be able to get this type of cover on a generic site, but we as building insurance experts can certainly guide you to the best insurer.

Flats and other multiple occupancy buildings have various building insurance requirements in the UK, again mainly referring to the responsibilities to other home owners in the block or house. Subsidence, fire or water damage are all risks which are not likely to affect only one dwelling and so the cover has to be enough so as to pay for damage to other people’s belongings and buildings as well as your own. Because you can’t know what your liability is – for example, the person living below you might collect first editions, or have a collection of rare stamps – there are certain assumptions you must make to make sure that your building insurance is to UK usual values and we can help you here as well. Because we specialise in building insurance, we know all the pitfalls there are in the business, so we can advise you accordingly.

UK Building Insurance Broker

Not wishing to blow our own trumpets – – we were highly commended in the “best independent broker category” in the 2011 Insurance Times Awards and one of our brokers, Jon Newall, won Commercial Insurance Individual in the 2012 Claims Excellence Awards – we are among the very best in the marketplace today and you can be sure when you fill in our quote request form or give us a call, that you are dealing with people who know what they are doing. Although we are an independent company, we are part of a wider network which enables us to access all the best premiums in the market for building insurance UK.

Until you try us, you probably have an inaccurate idea of just how cheap your premium can be – filling in the form does not commit you to anything, but when you see the price you are not likely to look elsewhere.  Our quotes always come from the very best and most reputable UK insurance companies so that you know you are not just getting the best, you are also buying total reliability.

LOCKYER INSURANCE is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 305802.

Lockyers Insurance, Unit 7 The Office Village, Silkwood Park, Wakefield, WF5 9TJ
Web Design, Hosting & SEO by Buffalo